The Midnight Run is an ideal way for our teenagers and all of us who have so much, to help those who have nothing. In conjunction with the other local religious organizations, we make sandwiches, collect clothing and deliver them to the street people in New York City. Our Confirmation class and all who have made the run have found it a transforming experience.
If you would like to make a contribution to the Midnight Run project, please mark your check for Midnight Run Supplies and drop in the offering plate on Sunday, or mail or drop it off to the church office.
A Letter from our Youth Group
Dear South Salem Presbyterian Church Family,
Below is a list of the food items needed. This list is based on what the Midnight Run has requested. Please sign-up on the list in the Narthex for the items you will bring.
We are also continuing to collect men’s Pants size 32-40 Hooded Sweatshirts, T-Shirts, Socks, new underwear, and Jackets. Gently used men’s soft soled shoes and sneakers are also needed.
We thank you for your support.
The SSPC Youth Group
Food for Bag meals:
- Hearty whole wheat sandwich bread for 30 sandwiches
- Hearty white or rye bread for 30 sandwiches
- Mayonnaise and Mustard
- 3 Heads of lettuce
- Sliced Turkey for 15 sandwiches
- Sliced Ham for 15 sandwiches
- Sliced Salami for 15 sandwiches
- Sliced Meat loaf or Chicken Salad for 15 sandwiches
- 30 Apples
- 30 Oranges
- 30 Bananas
- Individual fruit cups (with spoon).
- Hard-boiled eggs 3 dozen or a high protein equivalent.
- Juice boxes.
- Granola bars 4 boxes
- Iced Tea mix 1 large container
- Bottled water
- Cookies 3 dozen
- Candy bars 3 dozen
- Brownies 2 13 x 9 pans
- Sandwich Zip-lock bags
- Paper Napkins
- A cooler to borrow